Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ancient Egyptian Pharoah's with "App"titude

Another project OK OK, EGYPT what I know NOTHING about EGYPT, what EGYPT!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I wasn't like that, OK well maybe I was, but still it was actually really fun. Read this blog post and find out more about how this project went for me!!!!!!!

Why do you think Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs created monuments?

I think Pharaohs created monuments so that they could look good and exiting not lame and boring. If you look at most Pharaohs the monuments they made kept getting bigger and better if you ask me I think that it was kind of contest to which Pharaoh was better and what Pharaoh could make the best monument!!!!!

What monuments in our society are similar?

Ramses II made a museum that was pretty big. Today we have big museums like the Smithsonian museum in America which is a monument that we now have in our society. People in Egypt a long time made huge tombs for the Pharaohs and we to build big graveyards like in churches and you can go and prey for your loved ones similar to what they did in Egypt.

How did the using google docs as the main portal for collaboration help you with this assignment?

Google docs helped me with the collaboration because you can chat on the page when you are at home if your partner was on and then you could help each other if you were stuck. Also because when you type something on the page it automatically saves and then your partner can see what your adding to the facts or script. What really helped though is the way you can just hit share and give access to your partner so you can both work on the page at the same time because if you used a word document then you can't share it over the Internet well you sort of can but anyway you wouldn't be able to see if your partner was adding something, it would be much harder to use a word document.

What did you learn from this assignment?

I learnt that Pharaoh is spelt P H A R A O H not "P H E R O H" ha ha just kidding....... I learnt that working together is some times the only way you can get things done and finished quickly. I also learnt that some times it's good to work with some one you don't normally work with and anyway you can't just have one friend right so it's good to be a bit social.

What was challenging?

For me one challenge was getting in touch with my partner because sometimes when I needed to tell Nadia something about the project she wasn't online and that was hard because you can send them an email but if their not online then they might not get it until the next day and it might have been something really important!!!


Which school wide learning results were evident in this assignment?

I think that it would have to be think creatively because it was hard to think of an idea of how you are going to get the information out there like are you going to make a talk show or just record something in mine me and Nadia decided that she was in a dream and she was in Egypt interviewing me Ramses II it was good fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment