Monday, March 7, 2011

The White Mountains

Well I don't think I would really read this book if I didn't have to but I guess it is quite interesting so when Ms. Narsiman asked the question "how is Will just like you" at first I thought that's easy Wills like me because.... than I stopped. How is Will like me? IT is actually a harder question than it seems. So I am now sitting at my computer wondering how is Will just like me? then it struck me.......

Will is just like me because he has his own mind. As said in the book, Will is different because he is worried about being capped but everyone else in the village think that is completely normal but Will has his own thoughts on what to do that is why he is going to the White Mountains so he can be free. This is like me because I am not a follower I have my own mind and like to make my own choices for example if one of my friends ask me to go to someones party and everyone is going and I don't feel up to it or I am busy, I am not afraid to say I can't come or I don't feel up to coming. I don't go just because everyone else is going. I dislike being controlled like you would be if you were capped you would be controlled by the tripods but I will not sit here being controlled by friends and other people and I listen to what my mind tells me!

So this is why I am like Will, we both dislike the thought of someone or something else being in control of us and telling us what to do or whot to think and if we do not like something, we are not afraid to do or say something about it. However if I had the choice to runaway from home I probably would not runaway as I would miss my family too much. I wonder what Will would do if he didn't feel like going out but everyone else was?

No comments:

Post a Comment