Monday, September 13, 2010

A Time I Showed Courage

I showed courage when I was 3 years old. It was late afternoon in England and we were at a small party at my mums friends house - they lived on a farm so they had lots of pets, one of which was a donkey. The lady said he was a very kind donkey and wouldn't hurt any one, but she was wrong.

We climbed through the fence into his paddock and were playing around with the donkey stroking him and even attempting to ride him but he was too lazy so we left him and went to eat dinner. Later me and my mum went to say goodbye to him, we went in his stable and he knocked me down to the floor and was stamping on me, my mum picked me up and threw me over a fence but the donkey was about to charge at her, so mum punched him on the nose. I seemed fine, or so they thought.

Three days later we were at my aunties house, I was sitting on my mums knee and she was telling them about the incident with the donkey. As soon as my auntie looked at my arm she knew that it was broken. They whipped me off to the hospital and went in to see the doctor. I didn't like him, he pulled my poor arm out of my jumper to take a closer look, I didn't cry but looked at him and yes, he knew that it was broken so he put my arm in a cast. It was a plain white one but in a week he said I could have a different colour that was more exciting.

I showed courage because even though I had a broken arm I had not made a fuss and at the hospital even though the doctor pulled my arm I did not cry.

3 comments:

  1. That was really a bravery :D You could tell people about that "naughty" donkey. But it is amazing that your aunt has pets such as donkeys. :P I like the part when you said that you didn't notice that your arm broke! It's unbelievable! But YOU ARE SO BRAVE!!! That is all I can say. You really showed courage to everybody. :) :D :P You really deserve a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your vocabulary and that really must have hurt you a lot when the doctor pulled your broken arm. Did the donkey really stomp on you? Wow that is cool that you can change the color. What color did you change your cast to? I like your blog and I think that you really showed courage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog post it is full of very good vocabulary. I also really like the way you leave the reader in suspense in the first two paragraphs. I can't believe you didn't cry, I would have especially at the age of three! I think you showed a huge amount of courage! What did it feel like when the donkey stomped on you? How did your grandma know your arm was broken? And one last question, How did you remember all this?

    ReplyDelete