Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bye GRD6 :( NEVER SAY NEVER!!!!

This blog post is all about my year in sixth grade but before I start I have one thing to say... "I am really going to miss 6 grade whaaaaaaaa" OK I'm finished now lets get on.

What piece of work and learning are you most proud of?
I am most proud of my Diary that we did in humanities we had to be someone in Ancient Egypt and I was a dancer so then we had to write 3 diary entries and make it into a cool diary. I would say though I am rather proud of my growth in lit. circles because when we first started them I was not happy with them they were really dull and boring but throughout 6 grade I have found that I have improved on a lot of my work and I am very proud of myself not just my work.


What were your greatest challenges?
One thing I found challenging this year was math but again I have grown and gotten better at it but I know it will be a weakness that I need to work on as math dose not come easily to me like it does to other people but I accept that and the fact is I know I can be good at it if I try my hardest and not give up on things to easily.


Reflecting on your growth this year, what did you learn about yourself as a learner?
As a leaner I have found the best thing for me is to not rush things. If I rush things then I normally get every thing wrong or make silly mistakes that I wouldn't normally make if I was slowing down and taking my time. I also found that for me I need to listen harder than most people but only so that I get it and some times I do have to read the question again and again so I get what I am doing.


To evaluate your work habits, choose 1 of the following from each category ( and provide explanations):

a) Behavior

Could be improved
Satisfactory
Perfect - the model student

Explanation: I think this because I do talk a lot most of the time so I miss things but I ma nice to my peers and I respect everyone.

b) Participation

None
Satisfactory
Actively participate in class

Explanation: I participate in all my classes and am always ready to share my ideas with others.

c) Organization

Needs serious help
Satisfactory
I'm super organized

Explanation: I am organized most of the time but in P.E I sometime forget my hat when we are on the field and it is very important to have a hat so we can all be sun safe.

d) Effort

Needs serious help
Satisfactory
I always go above and beyond what is required.


Explanation: I do try and put a lot of effort into my work put not enough but this will be one thing I shall work on when moving to 7 grade.


Based upon your reflections, write two personal learning goals for Grade 7 next year.

Goal 1 - In Grade 7, I plan to for one thing be more organized and keep my locker more clean so that I can always find what I need when I need it. I think being organized is a very important thing in school because that way you will always know what is coming around the corner like homework wise.


Goal 2 - In Grade 7, I plan to take more pride in my work. I will make my work look more presentable and pretty to look at and make sure I am using flowery words to make my work more interesting to read and not just have something that is totally of topic.

Is there any more information about yourself that you would like the teachers to know?
The only thing I think teachers should know about me is that I do care a lot about animals and people and if you every need to be cheered up then I will smile and smile until you do :)

Finally, cast your minds back to the first few months of middle school (when you arrived in Grade 6 ) what "Words of Wisdom" or "Advice" could you pass on to the Class of 2018?
OK I have 3 words for them.....

what ever you come across use this to never give up because everything is possible even flying (well sort of)

No comments:

Post a Comment